Wander Eat and Tell started as a food blog in 2009. A few years later, the winds of change filled my sails and I was off on a series of new adventures. Since then, I’ve been around the world and have so many new experiences that I can’t wait to share with you.
Hi! I’m Annette Tomei…
aka Chef Annette, but that’s only a part of who I am and why I’m here. OK, it’s a big part… but I’m so much more than a chef.
I’ve been told I have infectious enthusiasm – I love to teach. In fact, I’ve been teaching, speaking, and writing about wine, food, and world travel for over two decades.
I’m a lot of things…
- a classically trained chef with 3 decades in professional kitchens.
- a culinary historian with a master’s degree in gastronomy.
- a teacher: I taught culinary arts and wine studies at three of the top culinary institutes in the country, and Food Studies at The New School in NYC.
- My favorite job was being an America’s Test Kitchen host onboard Holland America cruise ships.
- Napa Valley is where I learned about wine. I cooked at some of the top wineries.
- I once owned a restaurant and private chef business in Utah (I still do the private chef stuff for really special people).
- I’ve managed international events, culinary departments, and restaurants from the kitchen and ‘front of the house’
- My Inner Gypsy runs the show… we have great adventures
- My soul’s true home is somewhere in Italy
- My dog Daisy and I live in Seattle because we need lots of water, mountains, and trees in our lives