Are you ready to wander, eat, drink, learn, and enjoy?
Hi! I’m Annette Tomei…
aka Chef Annette. But that’s only a part of who I am and why I’m here. OK, it’s a big part… but I’m so much more than a chef.
I have “infectious enthusiasm” for what I do. I’ve been teaching, speaking, and writing about wine, food, and world travel for over two decades. Want to know more?
I’m a lot of things…
- a classically trained chef with 3 decades in professional kitchens.
- a culinary historian with a master’s degree in gastronomy.
- a teacher: I taught culinary arts and wine studies at three of the top culinary institutes in the country, and Food Studies at The New School in NYC.
- My favorite job was being an America’s Test Kitchen host onboard Holland America cruise ships.
- Napa Valley is where I learned about wine. I cooked at some of the top wineries.
- I once owned a restaurant and private chef business in Utah (I still do the private chef stuff for really special people).
- I’ve managed international events, culinary departments, and restaurants from the kitchen and ‘front of the house’
- My Inner Gypsy runs the show… we have great adventures
- My soul’s true home is somewhere in Italy
- My dog Daisy and I live in Seattle because we need lots of water, mountains, and trees in our lives
So, are you ready to eat, drink, learn, and enjoy?
About Wander Eat and Tell
Wander Eat and Tell started as a food blog in 2009. A few years later, the winds of change filled my sails and I was off on a series of new adventures. Since then, I’ve been around the world and have so many new experiences that I can’t wait to share with you.
Want to show your support for Annette’s work?
Feeling a little generous? Do you like what you see and want to help Annette continue to develop new recipes, wine reviews, new classes, and more?
Sign up to be a Patreon Patron for only $3 per month. You can cancel any time.