Ready to wander, eat, drink, learn, & enjoy?
I’m Annette Tomei…
aka Chef Annette. But that’s only a part of my story. OK, it’s a big part… but I’m much more than a chef.
I’m a teacher, speaker, and writer. I explore the food and drink of the world then share it with you!
It’s been a great adventure and it just keeps getting better!
- I’m a classically trained chef with 3 decades in professional kitchens. Then I taught culinary arts and wine studies at three of the top culinary institutes in the country, and Food Studies at The New School in NYC.
- I’m also an education junkie. I have a master’s degree in gastronomy and, most recently, I became an Italian Wine Scholar with Highest Honors.
- My main job is writing and producing live Port To Table cooking shows for Holland America Line and get to travel the world by sea while I do it.
- My favorite job was being an America’s Test Kitchen host onboard those Holland America cruise ships.
- My least favorite was owning a restaurant in Utah – that was a long time ago.
- My Inner Gypsy runs the show… we have great adventures!
- My soul’s true home is somewhere in Italy. I’m from New York. And for now, my dog Daisy and I live in the Hudson Valley because we need lots of water, mountains, and trees in our lives.
So, are you ready to join me on more adventures?
About Wander Eat and Tell
Wander Eat and Tell started as a food blog in 2009. (You can actually find a bunch of my really old stuff in the blog still!) A few years later, the winds of change filled my sails and I was off on a series of new adventures. Since then, I’ve been around the world and have so many new experiences that I can’t wait to share with you.